Sunday, November 23, 2008

Peekamoose

When you hear the word Peekamoose, it makes you think of a cuddly little furry animal. Or, at least, that's what I think. Well, you are certainly not expecting it to be the restaurant owned by people who have worked at high-end restaurants such as Le Bernadin and Gramercy Tavern. Also, since it's located upstate, around fifteen minutes from Woodstock, it does not seem like it can compare with those restaurants. However, in some ways it can, in others, not so much. As we sat down, our waiter immediately arrived. Even though it was a busy night, he hovered around us most of the time, a little bit too enthusiastically. As my two wonderful hosts, Abbe and Holly ordered, I was faced with a dilemma. Should I get the burger, or the calamari? I decided to go with my favorite food in the world, a cheeseburger. I got bored after around 45 minutes of waiting, so I went to the bar. Then I got "ejected" from the bar, so I went to the living room area, with the swinging chair. The restaurant had taken a broken chair, and attached it to some chains, and hung it from the ceiling. It was genius. When my burger arrived, I was famished. All we had had to eat since we had arrived was a little bit of salad, and some soup. So far, the burger would have to be amazing, if this restaurant wanted a good review. But it wasn't, it was dry, and only the fries were good. I was highly disappointed with Peekamoose, and only two things about it made me happy: the decor, which was rustic and beautiful, and the marshmallow pit. Before we left, we bought some hot chocolate, and I took my time making some golden marshmallows. It was very fun, and it made the night more enjoyable. After all, I am only a child. Thanks to the overly done service, mediocre food, and slow delivery of food, I give Peekamoose a 5.1/10.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have ordered the moose. Great writing, Julian.

Love, Grampy

norm magnusson said...

Wow. 5.1. Thank goodness you don't review home cooking.

xonorm

Unknown said...

All the world loves swingy chair. Great review- I like the part about "I am only a child"(!). xo, LvS

Isabelle said...

Unless they put actual Moose on the menu, count me out. Glad to know what places to stay away from!

Dotblock said...

I know your hosts wouldn't have let you go hungry... but you can always suggest to a hovering waiter that he hover in the kitchen and bring you your food. Love, Gummie

Dotblock said...

Your hosts wouldn't let you starve... but you can always suggest to a hovering waiter that he hover in the kitchen and bring you your dinner. Love, Gummie (dotblock)