Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Corner Shop Cafe


After a long, trying day at at school, I was in desperate need of some form of respite. Now, if I was asked what paradise would be for me, I would probably say anything that involved Corner Shop's cheeseburger. While I don't have the Corner Shop's history memorized, I do know that it was the idea of seventy four year old Carlos Green after going through a tough divorce with his wife, and needing somewhere to express himself creatively. Just kidding. All I know is that it has a really great burger made from grass-fed beef, and I always enjoy myself there. Anyway, as we entered the restaurant, I noticed that it was rather empty, unlike other times when it had been packed full. However, we were also eating abnormally early at six thirty, so that could have been the cause as well. We did not wait as we called the waitress over to order. I was very specific as I asked for a medium rare cheeseburger with provolone and mushrooms, as well as plain french fries. Despite the small number of customers, the kitchen still succeeded at failing to bring our food in a normal amount of time. However, it was worth the wait. The juicy meat flowed into a mouth followed by a cascade of cheese and mushrooms. The texture was great, and it satisfied everything I ever imagined in a perfect burger. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had. I give the Corner Shop a 9.1/10. Happy Thanksgiving to all my loyal readers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julian,
I am so glad to the hamburger was great even if the service was not.I remember going there for dinner with you last year and the food was really down to earthly good. Of course, you say it better than me.
Keep up the good work,
Manou

Anonymous said...

Julian, your descriptive prose ALMOST convinced me to be a beef eater after over 30 years. NOT. However, your ability through words to make the eating experience so vivid is astonishing.

Love, Grampy

Unknown said...

Hi
This is Davis Schwartz and his Mom, Lisa. Today is the first day of us reading your reviews. We love your writing. We want to try this restaurant. Could you give us the address? We look forward to reading more of your reviews, very cool!!
By the way, I ma in 5th grade at LREI.
Thank you