Saturday, June 7, 2008

Curraschia Plataforma

Most of the time when my grandparents come to town, I go out to dinner with them.  Sometimes it's at very upscale restaurants, other times more casual.  When my grandparents from Belgium arrived they took us to Plataforma, which is a Brazilian restaurant, where waiters bring out long sticks with every kind of meat on it that you can imagine.  We took my friend Max there with us which was a blast because he can speak in Portuguese, so he was able to chat with them which made us all crack up.  There was a salad bar, which had sushi, salad, mushrooms, shrimp and much more.  I took advantage of the Salad bar because, unlike my brother, I am not a huge Carnivore.  When the meat finally arrived, I munched on Sirloin, flank and strip steak, along with chicken, ribs and sausage.  I was not as adventurous as Owen or Max in terms of eating meat, but I definitely enjoyed the salad bar more than them.  After my delicious strawberry shortcake dessert, I went outside with my brother and Max.  Then came the climax of the meal.  Max nudged an enormous light fixture, which weighed possibly 1 ton, and it fell, almost crushing my brother on it's path to the ground.  We quickly grabbed our bags and ran, before the restaurant could sue us.  Plataforma was a great restaurant, and I really enjoyed the meal other than the incident at the end.  Maybe their sushi could have been a little bit fresher. I give Churaschia Plataforma a 8.7/10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had better hope the restaurant does not read this. Were you and Max aiming at Owen???

When I went there with you, I never got past the wonderful salad bar. Yumm!!

Your vocabulary is outstanding.

Love, Grampy

Dotblock said...

Dear Julian, WHICH grandparents probably has a lot to do with how "upscale!" Just wondering how you'd rate the diners to which Grampy takes you and Owen for breakfast...
Love you, Gummie