Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lupa

My friend Max has a great taste for food.  So when we decided to go to Tomoe, one of the best sushi places in town, I could understand why he wanted to eat there.  However, when we arrived, the was a twenty minute wait.  So Max and I ran to the nearby Italian restaurant, Lupa.  It was going to be my second time eating at Lupa, so I knew what to expect.  After we were seated, they brought us the menu, which had a full glossary of all the Italian words that I did not understand.  When the waitress arrived, we chatted her up a bit, her name was Courtney, she had worked there for a year, and she had never met Mario Batali.  She brought us our appetizers in a fairly quick time, which were Prosciutto and octupus.  They were both delicious, and the Prosciutto tasted like it had just arrived on the plane from Italia.  After that our entrees arrived, which for me was ear-shaped pasta with pork sausage, escarole, and a butter sauce.  My mother ordered fresh fish that came from the market that she said was delicious.  Max got Gnocchi, with some sort of red sauce that was a little spicy.  Lupa is a great restaurant, and The service is wonderful, the decor is beautiful, and the food is lipsmackingly delicious.  I give Lupa a 8.6/10.

3 comments:

owen said...

I don't agree, buddy boy.

norm magnusson said...

Enough chatting up of waitresses please. Eee-gads.

Gimme Shuz said...

salut juju,
i have just realised that i never left you a comment on your blog. i'm sorry. i love it. you write so well and you are really funny. i'm coming to NY soon and i'm taking notes of your restaurants so that i know where i have to eat.
big kiss
monika