Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Great Jones Cafe

One downside of having a blog is that everyone tries to convince you to write a new blog. I have gotten requests about a music blog, a movie blog, a cheap restaurant blog, jeez the nerve of some of these people. However, I decided to try out the cheap restaurant blog thing. So here is a little test of that idea. I was tired and hungry. So when we stepped into the eight table Great Jones Cafe, I was just expecting a quick meal. I ordered the Chile with cheese, and some cornbread, and just tried to eat it quickly. However, when the meal came, I was amazed by how simply wholesome and delicious it was. The place itself, was very cozy, and our server was very nice and helpful. My dad ordered the blackened catfish with a side of Kale that was delicious. The price tag was about thirty dollars per person, which was not bad at all. I really thought this restaurant was an interesting and good, if not healthy place to eat. I give the Great Jones Cafe a 7.3/10.

3 comments:

Abbe Does It! said...

Mister J, Did you know that I used to live next door to GJCafe??? Boy, can I tell you some good stories...like the time one of our bathrooms was broken in the loft, and Barry was in the other, so I had to go downstairs in my pajamas to pee...Love, Abbe

Unknown said...

I want to applaud our blogger for trying kale -- for the first time in his life -- and then ordering his own side order. That's courageous eating. The butter helped.

Papa

Anonymous said...

Butter on kale? Isn't that sacreligious?

Julian, do they also have turkey chili or vegetarian chili? Your meal really sounds delicious, and as you know, I do not eat beef!!

I like that the place was cozy.

Love, Grampy