Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Sidewalk Cafe

When my parents told me that my cousin Sidney and her mom Helen were coming to town, the first thing that went through my mind was: "Cool, now can I get back to my Facebook. I'm about to beat my high score in Crazy taxi." Then she told me that they wanted to go out to dinner in town with my mother and I. I immediately suggested Daniel, hoping to be able to go there again. My mother said that the cost was too high. She also wanted to go somewhere hip. So we decided to go down to the east side. However Sidney brought two friends. They were big, not in the fat kind of way, like tall big. And they were sort of intimidating. Then they looked at my blog on Sydney's phone and everything got warmer. We decided to stop at a little place called the Sidewalk Cafe and eat dinner. It looked like a nice little touristy place. The service was TERRIBLE but the company was wonderful. They were laughing at everything I said. after around one and a half hurs, the food arrived. My burger was flavorful but not excellent. The sidewalk cafe is good if you want to take your time eating dinner in the east side of new york. The food was better than decent but not anything to rave about. But the service was pretty bad. Wait, that's an understatement. Whatever. I give the sidewalk Cafe a 5.2/10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, tell the waiter that you are Juju, the famious food blogger.

Love, Grampy

Isabelle said...

I will avoid The Sidewalk Cafe for sure. Thanks for the advice.
Michael