Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sushi Yasuda

The rain splattered all over the taxi. As I looked up at the massive black office building with apprehensive excitement, I began to picture the meal that was going to commence in less than an hour. Sushi Yasuda. Nobody that I had ever told it about knew what it was. Except for one man. Jeffrey Stein was an extremely nice man, and he was best friends with the president of the Florida Marlins. I had heard many things about Sushi Yasuda, which was, located right in Midtown near Grand Central Station. After entering his office on the 37th floor of the building that I had just been staring at. After meeting all of his office co-workers, we began the wet march to the restaurant. After walking three miserable, Shawshank Redemption rain-scene reminding blocks, we entered the fresh and healthy restaurant named Sushi Yasuda. Sushi Yasuda was a refreshing look at a traditional sushi restaurant. It had a very simple décor, it was completely wood-paneled, and it just made for a very comfortable and relaxing meal. For our starters, Jeff ordered a seaweed salad, while I ordered a miso soup that came with mushrooms in it. The soup was very warm, and the seaweed salad took your taste buds on a roller coaster. Then we ordered the Omasake, or literally translated, the chef’s choice. We also ordered around twelve pieces of sushi, and some sashimi. We devoured the Omasake, which included tuna, salmon, yellowtail, anchovy, scallop, and Giant Conch sashimi. We also ordered salmon, tuna, conch, scallop, yellowtail, fluke, and roe sushi. It was very simple, but it was also delicious. The sushi, just like the décor was very simple, but very delicious. For desert we ordered mochi ice cream, and it tasted just like a pastry. After Jeff drove me home, we bid adieu, and he drove off into the rain. It was a very nice meal, and I enjoyed it very much. I give Sushi Yasuda a 8.6/10.

6 comments:

PhotoBubby said...

I feel this huge craving to go to Sushi Yasuda. Do you think Jeffrey will take me? Great piece, Julian.
Love, Bubby

Isabelle said...

How do I get Jeff to take me? I love anchovy sushi and conch!!! Glad it was a good one!
Michael

Anonymous said...

Great writing, Julian. I will go to Sushi Yasuda only if I can get the fish cooked. But you know me!!

Love, Grampy

Unknown said...

THanks Julian, now i have to have sushi for lunch but my choices do not approach the quality of sushi yasuda. i guess i will have to settle for the best kingston ny has to offer. great review !

PhotoBubby said...

Great going, Julian. I LOVE LOVE you!!
Bubby

Unknown said...

I feel like I was there with you but in reality, I'm still really hungry.