Monday, December 22, 2008

Terra

After getting pulled over by the Santa Fe police, and getting issued a written warning, my grandmother, along with the entire family was looking forward to arriving at the restaurant. We drove around for three more miles, until we finally saw the Auberge De Soleil that housed the restaurant in which we hoped to find gastronomical heaven. While it might not have exceeded our expectations, Terra, was modern-looking, fresh, and very expensive. However, for a very good deal, I was able to get the thirty-three dollar prix fixe, which included an appetizer, an entree, and best of all a dessert. For my appetizer, I ordered the squid risotto, and while it was extremely rich, it was also very tasty and well-presented. My parents got salads, that were also very good, as they described them to me. For the entree, my grandmother and I ordered the same exact thing. The grilled swordfish arrived with spinach along with the sous-chef. He told us about his future in the cooking business, and how he hoped to do an internship at Daniel, located on 65th street in NYC. He was very nice and it provided a very interesting look into the cooking scene in Santa Fe. New Mexico. Our entrees were very moist, but the spinach took around twelve minutes to chew just one piece. However, the entrees provided what was asked of them. Then came the desserts. My apple donuts came with a delicious burnt caramel sauce. However, they were not even apple donuts, the were more like fried apples. Everything was very good at this meal, including the service. I also enjoyed the space, for it was very beautiful. Also the manager was one of the best managers that I have ever met for many different reasons. He was welcoming, he was nice, and he just made the meal much better. I give Terra a 7.9/10.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out for wild driving grandmothers. You ordered a great entree. Next time tell them to cook the spinach.

Love, Grampy

PhotoBubby said...

I loved enjoying this meal with you and your mom and dad, Julian, and your writing is accurate and excellent. Perhaps if we hadn't left home late and then been stopped by the Pueblo police we would have had more energy for this meal. On top of a big day that included snowshoeing in the morning I'd say this was the appropriate end to a very fun weekend. Thanks for visiting!
Love, Bubby

Stephane Gerson said...

We wouldn't have been stopped by the Pueblo police if the driver hadn't been speeding! But she got us out of the jam without a ticket. And the meal was wonderful. I urge all readers to eat out with the Juju blogger: you'll get to meet sous-chef's and chefs and receive first-class service.

~Papa

Isabelle said...

I want to know how Bubby talked her way out of the ticket? That information may be very valuable and come in handy one day. Please share.