Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Special Edition: Friterie

While I was in Belgium, I had the opportunity to visit a friterie.  A friterie is a stand that sells french fries on the street among other things.  The thing that really makes these stands so special is that there are around twenty different sauces to choose from at this stand.   I ordered mayonnaise, which even though it was delicious, you could taste the cholesterol.  However this stand made delicious, crunchy, golden, crispy, juicy fries that I can still taste while I type.

6 comments:

Uncle Barry said...

Fries and mayonnaise?!?!? Grampy wants a double order.
Love,
Uncle Barry

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE eating fries and mayonnaise with you! Can we find any in New York?
Love, Bubby

Unknown said...

I can still smell the fries in my car, that's how good they were !
I thought they were pretty good and anyway, who talks about cholesterol when you eat fries and mayo !
Manou

Dotblock said...

In Texas if you order your fries with mayonnaise and not good old American catsup, you "in Big Trouble," as your cousin Daniel says. Love, Gummie/dotblock

Stephane Gerson said...

Julian was kind enough to share a couple of his fries. I had forgotten just how good they were (and how unpleasant service could be in Belgium!)

Next time, we'll try Tartar sauce (never ketchup!)

Anonymous said...

You mean that it did not offer raw vegys? You need some careful guidance in choosing restaurants!!!!

Love, Grampy