Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Resto

The most recent restaurant that I went to was Resto.  Resto serves Belgian food, which include the traditional Steak Frites and Moules Frites, and the not so traditional pig's feet and pork toast.  However, do not be fooled by these... curious foods, might I say and get ready to enjoy one of the top 5 Belgian restaurants in town.  The service is very welcoming and entertaining and they did whatever they could to spice up the meal, no matter how flavorful it already was.  For my appetizer, I decided to order the deviled eggs on the pork toast.  The pork toast was deep fried and very delicate and possibly the best pork toast I have ever had, and also the first.  Another amazing appetizer that another customer was very pleased with was the prawns with anchovie sauce.  It was pallet-awakening and very fresh.  For my entree, I ordered the Burger that was simply out of the world.  It was crunchy, but at the same time juicy and rare.  It was one of the best burgers I have ever had.  The problem with the meal was that it was too loud.  You had to scream to get yourself heard.  However this meal was very good and I enjoyed it a lot.  
I rate this meal a 8.3/10 

6 comments:

Isabelle said...

Another spot I want to now try on my next visit. Thanks for the insight!

Anonymous said...

I think that you might wait till you go to Belgium for the best of that kind of food and a more genteel atmosphere. Americans are way too crass and I'm surprised the a Belgian restaurant would be too loud.
I like your wish list. Don't go to all of them before I get back to NY. Some of those are on my wish-list, too!
Love love, Bubby

Anonymous said...

Was it your group or the entire restaurant that was noisy? Did anyone have mussels or chocolate? This is a Belgian restaurant???

Love, Grampy

Laurie said...

I love your sense of humor. It sounds like you have as much experience with pork as I do but based on your review, I might just start eating pork. Can't wait to try out new restaurants with you in NY.

Abbe Does It! said...

I've heard the burger is insanely delicious, so I am jealous that you had it already! and I looooooove deviled eggs. can I be your assistant???

Dotblock said...

Do you think Resto does take-out? The burger sounds awesome but the noise level will make your Gummie say, "Huh? What? Tell me again." And you'll say, "Never mind." gummie dotblock