Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last Chance Cheese

Recently, my friends took me to a restaurant called Last Chance Cheese.  The restaurant was located in the sleepy town of Hunter.  The restaurant itself was partly antiques, partly candy shop and partly restaurant. The food was Continental American and Italian food, but it did not impress.  I ordered a Ceasar salad that was very dry and they forgot my anchovies.  Talking about forgetting, our waitress forgot to bring us water and overall just did not do a very good job.  The decor was very interesting, taking into context that there were many antiques strategically placed around the restaurant.  For my entree, I ordered a chicken parmesan.  It was all right, but I was not impressed.  In fact, I was slightly disappointed in the fact that they failed to execute such an easy dish.  However, this restaurant had imported over 300 beers and over 100 different kinds of cheeses.  We ordered some s'mores for our dessert, and we had the privilege to cook it at our own table.  However the real highlight of this meal was the shop.  I got to buy a package of pixie sticks which I am going to put in a cup and drink it from a straw.  Thank you Taliana.  I rate this restaurant a 5.8/10.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I could look at the antiques,skip the food and drink a beer .... with you
Manou

Dotblock said...

No anchovies??? I'd just stick to cheese. Is this near Woodstock? love, Gummie-dotblock

Anonymous said...

Stick with Sweet Sue's. Yes, I know it is a drive and it closes at 3PM, but wait.

Love, Grampy