Sunday, March 23, 2008

La Paix

The most recent restaurant that I enjoyed the privilege to go to was La Paix.  La Paix is not in the United States.  In fact, it is right next to an old slaughterhouse in Brussels, Belgium.  My grand -parents took me, and even though we had a minor problem with traffic, we arrived at the restaurant unscathed.  The restaurant had many specialties, such as beef cheek and tomates et crevettes, which means tomato and shrimp.  I did not order an appetizer, only a steak cooked rare.  my grand-father shared his tomates et crevettes with me, which was very tasty, even though there was a bit too much mayonnaise.  The restaurant was not crowded, and the noise level was very enjoyable.  When my steak arrived, I noticed that half of the platter was filled with fat.  I ate the beef which was very fatty as I had presumed, but it was also very chewy.  Chewing all that beef gave me a workout.  The service was very slow and unenthusiastic.  The food's consistency was very good, but after a while the steak just became a little boring.  The food was nothing amazing, the decor was very simple and the service was mediocre.  Overall, I rate this restaurant a 6.5/10.
 

5 comments:

norm magnusson said...

Sorry it wasn't so good. What was your best meal this trip? Your most memorable dish?

Papi said...

La Paix is a bistro; perhaps, you were comparing it to an upscale restaurant.

Anonymous said...

How did Norm get his photo up here? I want to add a photo of you at Cafe Gray.
Love, Bubby

Dotblock said...

"Minor traffic problem..." Were you driving, Ju-Ju? When you are next in San Antonio, I promise you a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth no fat on the plate steak, which I will grill and you can post a food blog criticism. Missing you~ Gummie/dotblock

Anonymous said...

Fat on the plate? Ugh. Try the grilled chicken breast or fish, if it is on the menu. If not, leave. You and I will have to have a serious dietary discussion!!!!

Love, Grampy